In simple terms, mobile marketing is a technique that is used for marketing that mainly targets mobile device users.
Here are a few six handy tips and tricks of mobile marketing that can be helpful to drive sales and generate leads.
- Create a Mobile Friendly Site: First and foremost, it is very important that your website is mobile friendly and for that purpose your site should have a striking design. A responsive design adapts itself depending on the size of a viewer’s screen. With a responsive site, you don’t have to create separate sites for mobile and computers. A well-designed mobile site can be used on small screens and has navigation buttons which are clear and simple to use. People aren’t very patient at times so it is really important that your sites load within seconds or else the user will leave it immediately. Therefore, you should make sure your visitor has a good experience while browsing through your site and this will increase the traffic on your website. A good website can help you improve your SEO performance. Google’s Mobile Friendly Test can be helpful to check how your mobile site is being viewed and how it is performed.
- Create Your Own Mobile App: Apps can be a good way to engage your customers and increase sales. Apps can be downloaded from Google Play Store and App Store. Apps have push notifications as well as in app notification. Push notification can be sent to customers even if they are not using the app. The notification can be used for notifying customers about offers or discounts. In app notification are displayed when customers are using the app. You can hire a professional app developer or you can create some of the apps on your own according to your needs through websites like App Machine, Build Fire etc.
- Location based Marketing: Location based marketing is suitable if you own a physical store. If a customer is near to your store, they will get a mobile ad about you. Listing on Google My Business can help your customer locate you if they are near to your store or if they search on “Near me”. Other location-based application includes Foursquare, Google Ads etc.
- SMS Marketing: People use mobile phones, but not everyone has internet access so to reach the right audience SMS services can be used. SMS marketing has a larger open rate and a higher response rate. It adds a more personal touch and the message can be customized with the customer’s name to make it more intimate and it’s a much cheaper medium for advertising.
- Mobile Advertising: Mobile advertising is the ads you see on your smartphones. The different types of ads are: banner ads, native ads, video ads, interstitial and rich media. Sometimes, when you’re playing a game or scrolling through Facebook you see ads of products you have viewed before which is termed as “Remarketing”. This is a good way to remind potential customers about what they have left behind in their cart but this can also annoy them and make them uninstall the app if there are too many ads. So, you should make sure that you balance your display advertisement. Social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat are effective platforms to advertise and increase your business.
- Don’t ignore PC users: People use mobile phones to surf the internet, but there are still users who search through their desktops. Desktop users use longer sentences, unlike mobile device users use short sentences. Desktop users search in detail and take time. Therefore, it is important to optimize both the platforms for better sales.